Do your prenatal Vitamins Make you Sick?
With that in mind, it's very IMPORTANT that you read the following information carefully:The "Seven Sins" of Prenatal Vitamins: By: Jennifer Polimino, C.P.T.
Most Doctors Don’t Even Know This...
But They Should!
1. Poor Quality: Most prenatal vitamins contain poor quality, synthetic forms of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants—like the synthetic form of B12 called Cyanocobalamin (that's harder on your liver), and the cheap Calcium Carbonate. With these forms, you and your baby won't get the nutrients you need!
2. Inadequate Potency: Most have inadequate potency (not enough for baby and mom, based on current research). You can't expect to magically make a perfect loaf of bread from a teaspoon of flour, and you can't expect to create a healthy baby without enough nutrients either! Here's an example: folic acid. Most prenatals contain 400 mcg of folic acid, but new research indicates that you and your baby really need 800 mcg!
3. Tablet Form: Most are hard to digest due to being highly compressed and covered with waxes, such as carnauba wax. This stuff is great for waxing cars and protecting the noses of jet airplanes, but your stomach can't penetrate it! There are true stories of "port-a-potties" being emptied with hundreds of undigested multivitamins found at the bottom.
4. No Omega-3s: Most prenatal vitamins DO NOT contain optimal
Omega-3 fatty acids that build the baby's nervous system and cells.
If they are included, they're probably not enough or certified free of
dangerous heavy metals such as mercury, lead, cadmium, aluminum
and PCBs (environmental toxins). They also may not be in the
5. Calcium & Iron Together: Iron and Calcium should be taken at
separate times of the day. Why? Calcium binds to iron, interfering
with the absorption of both—they cancel each other out.
Not good for you or your baby's health.
6. Missing Nutrients: Most prenatal vitamins don't contain key
nutrients (like CoQ10 and alpha lipoic acid) that truly help the body
produce an abundance of natural energy—something all pregnant
moms need. These powerhouse nutrients are expensive and rarely
included in prenatal vitamins.
7. No Concern for Your Troubles: Most prenatals also don't address
specific problems many pregnant women experience, such as insomnia and morning sickness. There are natural solutions to these concerns. That's "7 Sins" right there... but there are more.
You see, the 8th "Sin" is a real jaw dropper. Get this... tests conducted by an independent consumer protection agency, and reported in the June 2004 issue of Oprah's magazine, "O", showed that 50% of multi-vitamin and mineral supplements did NOT contain the nutrients marked on the label when tested—this includes some prenatal vitamins.So let's say a prenatal vitamin label says it contains 100% of the RDI for Vitamin C. Well, tests showed that many brand-names contained as little as 10% of Vitamin C, not 100%... or worse... no Vitamin C at all! And the same goes for all of the other nutrients that are supposed to be in the formula! (As your doctor will tell you, not getting the proper nutrients can be very dangerous for you or your unborn baby.)
In addition, many multi-vitamins tested high for potentially dangerous impurities like lead! However, not all prenatal vitamin manufacturers are scam-artists!
Most prenatal vitamins have "Synthetic" B12 and Iron in it. Which is why it will make women sick. You want to avoid prenatal vitamins that do that. If it makes you sick stop taking it.
What you want to look for are Prenatal Vitamins that are made with "Whole Foods". Those are made directly from the food resources and nutrients without any synthetic inhabiting the vitamin. Most of synthetic calcium is made from ground up cow bone, and ground up Oyster Shells, which your body WILL have a hard time digesting. If the Vitamin itself does not state "Made from Whole Food", then you aren't getting the nutrients that your body and baby need.
If you want a calcium that is the best, and your body can digest, get Coral Calcium. That comes from natural sources.
A lot of women watch what they eat, watch what they drink, limits amount of caffeine or none at all, doesn't eat uncooked meats, avoids smoking or cuts down, avoids fish with high levels of Mercury, avoids paint fumes, and the list goes on and on, but are YOU making the right choice for your Prenatal Vitamin?
Click Here For A PDF Of Prenatal Vitamin!
Example of Whole Food Prenatal
Examples of "Synthetic" prenatal Vitamins
Rainbow Prenatal Vitamin (Synthetic)
Here is the Brand Rainbow. This prenatal vitamin contains cellulose. Which is a form of plastic made from packing peanuts. It also has PABA in it, which is toxic and is also found in sunscreen.
PABA vitamin/supplement is chemically man made from a lab- however there are food resources that NATURAL Para-aminobenzoic Acid comes from, this PABA is extremely toxic to the liver. Below is a sheet on Para-aminobenzoic Acid. Recent studies this century indicated that PABA is extremely toxic. Because PABA is stored in the tissue, it will gather. PABA Toxicity- While 100mg of PABA is the high end of the daily suggested amounts naturally, treatment dosages may be higher. Taking more than 400mg of PABA per day will lead to near toxic levels in the body. Fever, dizziness, nausea and vomiting are side effects of PABA overdose. Eczema that is moist to the touch is also a symptom. Skin rashes and lesions also occur when PABA reaches toxic levels.
To identify if your prenatal vitamin has a synthetic form of B12 look for methylcobalamin , adenosylcobalamin. and hydroxocobalamin and Cyanocobalamin.
Natural B12 is called coenzyme B12 , which is simply put B12 on vitamin bottles. Coenzym is natural from plant/animal resources. Not chemically made from labs.
Why are synthetics put in our Prenatal Vitamins?
Simple, the synthetic is cheap to make. Our labs can mass produce a chemical faster than we can grow it to extract it in the natural form. Is what is alarming about the synthetic form of our vitamin resources, is that our bodies cannot break up these because they are identified as "toxins" in the body. Once these toxins build up over time, we start to have problems such as; Liver Damage, bowl issues, growth, abnormal tissues, and cysts. A lot of women depend on prenatal vitamins for a resource for their unborn child. So pick the right choice-